Making Your Dreams a Reality

Temporary Residence

Edmonton’s Source for Information about Resident Permits and More

If you’re planning on becoming a temporary resident of Canada, or you’re a temporary resident looking to extend your stay, contact LSW Canada in Edmonton. We’ll ensure you have access to all the resources and information you need. We can answer all your questions regarding the following:

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa
The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa (Super Visa) is a temporary resident permit that grants parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens/permanent residents the right to stay for extended visits up to 2 years.
The visa remains in effect for a 10-year period. 

Live-in Caregivers

Under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), Canadian families can hire foreign caregivers for assistance with children, seniors or family members with medical needs requiring supervision. However, there are stipulations that need to be followed.

Visitor Visas

If you are visiting Canada on a temporary basis, whether it’s for work, school or an extended stay, you are expected to have a visa in your possession prior to appearing at any Port of Entry (POE). Getting into Canada is a two-step process. Certain conditions will apply depending on which country you are visiting from.

Temporary Work Permits

As a visiting guest in Canada seeking employment, you are required to have a work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This permit is valid for a period of up to 1 year. As the permit is associated with a single employer, your application should be filled out once you receive an offer of employment or a job contract.

Study Permits

If you will be living in Canada to attend school for a period longer than 6 months, you are required to have a Canadian Study Permit. Anyone interested in applying for this permit should visit Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) website to access the proper documentation required for the application.

Visa and Permit Extensions/Status Changes

For anyone holding a Temporary Resident Visa that is about to expire, you do have the opportunity to prolong your stay in Canada. Are you a tourist, student or worker? Protect your opportunities and discover how to apply for a visa extension. This must be done 30 days prior to expiration.

LMIA Temporary Worker Applications
In order for a Canadian employer to hire a temporary foreign worker they first need to submit a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). This process was established to protect Canada’s domestic job marketplace as well as the rights of visiting workers.

Refugee Applications
Unfortunately, not every country enjoys the same freedoms and quality of life we have here. As such, Canada offers sanctuary for refugees who cannot return to their home country for fear of prosecution or those facing a physical threat. Anyone can apply as long as they are not subject to a removal order.

Immigration law is a complex subject. Generally speaking, only Canadian citizens have the right to appeal a decision made by Canada’s immigration authorities, and not every decision can be appealed. If you need to make an appeal, make sure you receive the proper advice.

Don’t jeopardize your resident status, or the reputation of your business.

Call on the experts at LSW Canada for dependable advice and service you can trust.

(LSW Canada)

2607 Ellwood Dr SW

Edmonton, AB, T6X 0P7


By Appointment Only

Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

Copyright (LSW Canada) 2017 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice