Making Your Dreams a Reality

Permanent Residence

Permanent Residence in Edmonton for Foreign Workers and Relatives

Whether you require a Canadian Visa for yourself, or a loved one, foreign workers in Edmonton can contact LSW Canada. We will advise you on your best course of action for gaining permanent resident status.

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa
The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa (Super Visa) is a temporary resident permit that grants parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens/permanent residents the right to stay for extended visits up to 2 years.
The visa remains in effect for a 10-year period.

For more information you can visit:

Federal Skilled Workers (FSW)
In recent years, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has made changes to its Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program. These changes permit applicants, from an expanded cross section of occupations to apply for Canadian Residency without an official job offer. You can always double-check with us to see if you qualify.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows temporary foreign workers an opportunity to land permanent residence in Canada. The minimum requirements include: 

  • 12 months full-time experience (or the same amount in part-time hours) over the course of the 3 years prior to application
  • Authorized work experience acquired in Canada
  • Speaking, reading, writing and listening abilities in English or French
  • Future residence will be outside the province of Quebec

Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)
In order to immigrate under the Federal Skilled Trades Class, you will require a confirmed offer of employment, basic language proficiency and have 24 months experience in your trade over the last 5 years. If you are already living in Canada you can also apply for a Certificate of Qualification issued by the province or territorial authority in which you reside based on your ability to demonstrate your skills.

Start-up Business Visa

The purpose of this initiative is to find foreign national entrepreneurs who will drive economic growth through job creation. In order to qualify, applicants for a Start-Up Visa need to meet several requirements related to language proficiency, education and financial status.

Investors (OP 9) Entrepreneurs and self-employed persons (OP 8, IP 7)
Investors looking to establish themselves in Canada are expected to make a minimum $800,000 investment within the country. Entrepreneurs and self-employed individuals require at least $300,000 in net worth. Dollar figures aside, there are many factors that contribute to an applicant’s eligibility for permanent residence.

Caring For Children and Caring For People with High Medical Needs

Are you an individual who provides assistance to others in medical need? If you meet the language requirements, and have acquired at least 2 years of full-time work experience in Canada, you may qualify for permanent residence. Whether you are a registered nurse, an orderly, or a home support worker, if you are interested in staying within Canada, our team can help.

Live-in Caregivers
Under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), Canadian families can hire foreign caregivers for assistance with children, seniors or family members requiring supervision. However, there are stipulations that need to be followed. Caregivers need to provide care on a full-time basis, work in a private residence and meet the guidelines set forth by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC )/Service Immigration as well as Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Visa and Permit Extensions/Status Changes

For anyone holding a Temporary Resident Visa that is about to expire, you do have the opportunity to prolong your stay in Canada. Are you a tourist, student or worker? Protect your opportunities and discover how to apply for a visa extension. This must be done 30 days prior to expiration.

Express Entry Application

Introduced in January of 2015, Express Entry is an application intake management system designed to minimize processing times for people requesting Canadian citizenship. Unfortunately, many applications are being rejected due to incompleteness. Avoid disappointment and further delays with our qualified guidance.

LMIA Express Entry Employment Offer

If you possess unique work skills or are involved in a high demand industry, you may qualify for Express Entry. LSW Canada can advise you on the various methods to help support your application for residence: Federal Skilled Worker ("FSW”); Canadian Experience Class ("CEC”); or Federal Skilled Trade ("FST”) and the Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) program are all potential pathways to permanent residence. Your age, education, command of the language as well as your work experience will all contribute to your eligibility. Our team can help you determine whether or not your position is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment ("LMIA”).


Immigration law is a complex subject. Generally speaking, only Canadian citizens have the right to appeal a decision made by Canada’s immigration authorities, and not every decision can be appealed. If you need to make an appeal, make sure you receive the proper advice.

There are many ways to become a Canadian citizen.

Let us help you with your journey. LSW Canada is ready to take your call.

(LSW Canada)

2607 Ellwood Dr SW

Edmonton, AB, T6X 0P7


By Appointment Only

Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

Copyright (LSW Canada) 2017 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice