Making Your Dreams a Reality

Economic Class Visa

Economic Class Visas: Immigration Services in Edmonton for Foreign Workers

LSW Canada is passionate about immigration, and we love welcoming new citizens to our country. Whether you’re a family nanny or a contractor by trade, we will help bring your skills to Canada! We assist all types of laborers and professionals from our Edmonton-based office.

Federal Skilled Workers (FSW)

In recent years, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has made changes to its Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program. These changes permit applicants, from an expanded cross section of occupations to apply for Canadian Residency without an official job offer. You can always double-check with us to see if you qualify.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows temporary foreign workers an opportunity to land permanent residence in Canada. The minimum requirements include:

  • 12 months full-time experience (or the same amount in part-time hours) over the course of the 3 years prior to application
  • Authorized work experience acquired in Canada
  • Speaking, reading, writing and listening abilities in English or French
  • Future residence will be outside the province of Quebec

Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)
In order to immigrate under the Federal Skilled Trades Class, you will require a confirmed offer of employment, basic language proficiency and have 24 months experience in your trade over the last 5 years. If you are already living in Canada you can also apply for a Certificate of Qualification issued by the province or territorial authority in which you reside based on your ability to demonstrate your skills.

Live-in Caregivers
Under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), Canadian families can hire foreign caregivers for assistance with children, seniors or family members with medical needs requiring supervision. However, there are stipulations that need to be followed.

Visa and Permit Extensions/Status Changes
For anyone holding a Temporary Resident Visa that is about to expire, you do have the opportunity to prolong your stay in Canada. Are you a tourist, student or worker? Protect your opportunities and discover how to apply for a visa extension. This must be done 30 days prior to expiration.

Express Entry Application
Introduced in January of 2015, Express Entry is an application intake management system designed to minimize processing times for people requesting Canadian citizenship. Unfortunately, many applications are being rejected due to incompleteness. Avoid disappointment and further delays with our qualified guidance.

Immigration law is a complex subject. Generally speaking, only Canadian citizens have the right to appeal a decision made by Canada’s immigration authorities, and not every decision can be appealed. If you need to make an appeal, make sure you receive the proper advice beforehand.

Do you have questions? We would love to answer them for you. Give us a call.

Application Help

Don’t let your visa get rejected due to a simple error

(LSW Canada)

2607 Ellwood Dr SW

Edmonton, AB, T6X 0P7


By Appointment Only

Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

Copyright (LSW Canada) 2017 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice